What changed since Canvas 9 is that inches use base 12 and metric uses base 10 by default. With the default settings the ruler's minor divisions change depending on the zoom level. At high magnifications, the divisions will increase. If using a scale of 1:3 inches, a tick mark on the ruler will show at 3 since 3 is a division of 12. To adjust the minor divisions of default units or existing user-defined units;
- Open the Configuration Center.
- Open the Measurements category, if necessary.
- Select Define Units to view the manager.
- Select the unit in the list and click Modify. The Modify Unit dialog box opens. You can change the unit's abbreviation and minor divisions.
- Click OK after making any changes.
- Close the Configuration Center by clicking OK.