Start a new topic

Anxiously waiting for a bug fix update to Canvas 6.

Because there are too many bugs in Canvas Draw 6 for me, I stayed with v5. I'm anxiously waiting for an update, which I hoped would be ready by now. I'd rather see incremental updates more often with continuous bug fixes than wait a long time for a major upgrade, much like apps for iOS.

I just checked Sherwood's problem with a 600 dpi image (just 8.5" x 11") in CD 6.0.3 and it took about 15 seconds for the preview to complete.  The same in CDV5 was nearly instantaneous so my results are similar to his, but not as bad.  Memory and/or processor differences?

Tim

Thanks Nikki. The grey is fixed, but adding uppercase and showing the style settings are still a problem. Also, it doesn't know I saved, I use the keyboard to save and the Edit menu blinks, but when I use the keyboard save again immediately, the edit menu blinks again. If I close after saving, it asks me if I want to save. Uh oh, I just tested, I saved once, then again and v6 crashed. It happened twice in a row. I just tested again and this time it worked properly, so it's inconsistent.

Much quicker: when I select a Font drop down menu to select, the fonts appeare much quicker and change quicker on page as well. Thanks.

But still no change to Link manager not allowing user selected font/style/colour, quite inconsistent when saving to htm/html, sometimes even changes the case! I've tried various workarounds and p reviously thought by selecting User defined in Link manager did the trick but no. I am now resorting to an HTML editor after making the web page I want and making changeds in that. Bluea nd underline is so yesterday!

Good Morning All... Please let me know if there are any issues with this latest update. 

Mike - The Style Sheets pull down menu's are still grayed out for you or is this something else?

Thanks... Nikki

I just downloaded it, but the Style Sheets has not been fixed, nor is the slow text highlight. Have to stick with v5 for now.

I just downloaded 6.0.3 (6084) and am happy to report that using the lasso tool to select in a bitmap image is now fast.  So it looks like that bug is fixed. I hope the same for some of the problems others have had.

Tim

6.0.3 (6084) has been released. Nice to see the bug fixes coming at a quicker pace!

OK, thanks everyone.  The problem must be a bit more "complex" than dealing with a bug.  I'm hoping tech support may have some suggestions since this problem is not occurring anywhere that I can tell other than in CVD 6.

Oops, I meant to write CD6 build 6075. There's not a 6076 yet that I know of .

I'm running Catalina. I've tried printing to HP, Canon & Brother printers with CD6 build 6076 and have no problems. I'm still using CD5 though, until the slow bitmap redraw problem is fixed.

Sorry to have repeated what Kohanmike already posted.  That'll teach me to read all of the latest posts instead of the last couple!

Tim

I just checked and have no problem selecting Landscape in printing. To get to that, I had to go through the CD6 dialog box, click on Print Settings which brings up the printer's dialog box.  There I have to select Show Details to get the printer's dialog box to expand and give me the chance to choose Landscape.  Just as in Kohanmike's image, in the expanded box there is a place at the bottom where I can select Hide Details. Clicking that and I lose the ability to switch to Landscape.

Tim

@John Craig - that is what is weird - I have not seen a print dialog box like that.  As @KohanMike correctly suggests, I looked at the detailed printer dialog where you can select landscape, but that had no effect, so I am definitely getting an anomaly that seems to be specific to Canvas Draw (not repeatable on other applications). Also - I did try the trick on selecting portrait and then selecting landscape again with no luck.  That has worked for me in the past, so great suggestion, but not this time.  I'm perplexed.  I did submit a ticket, so I will see what kind of a response I get.  Thank you for the assistance!

I'm on Mojave myself, so it is good to know that it is working for you.  That may help me track the issue down if it is not a Canvas Draw issue per se.  It's interesting that I just upgrade to the new build and are still having the issue.  Not sure that could impact the print dialog in Canvas Draw specifically since printing and landscape mode seems to work fine in other software programs.  That is usually one of the troubleshooting steps I take.  I'll keep trying to dig into it.

Login or Signup to post a comment