Start a new topic

Anxiously waiting for a bug fix update to Canvas 6.

Because there are too many bugs in Canvas Draw 6 for me, I stayed with v5. I'm anxiously waiting for an update, which I hoped would be ready by now. I'd rather see incremental updates more often with continuous bug fixes than wait a long time for a major upgrade, much like apps for iOS.

Found another bug in V6. The styles palette drop down list is always grey, cannot select a style I created. I sent in a support ticket. Tested it in v5 and it works.

I mentioned this somewhere before, the style drop down list should be on in the Properties Bar.

Nice of them to tell us eh!

I know. I actually wondered if my first post prompted them to provide it, just before I posted I went to the download page and it was not there, shortly after it was.

I just did a quick test where I reset Canvas according support instructions, opened an existing document, copied an object and it took a very long time, then pasted and that took even longer. I sent in a ticket.

I have to admit that all appears very quick for me cutting copying pasting ect. Lucky me!

Just released (version 6.0.1 - no notes)...seems to be more stable...so far.

Unfortunately, ver. 6.0.1 didn't affect my speed problem. Canvas 6 still takes over 10 times as long to make changes, such as adjusting brightness on a 600 dpi 8.0"x11.0" object as Canvas 5.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Here's the link for the new version. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

https://www.canvasgfx.com/en/support/canvas-draw-6/

Just tested v.6.01. The scroll problem is fixed, but highlight text in snaked columns is not. I'm going to use it for a while and see if I can live with it.

Sherwood Bishop said:  Unfortunately, ver. 6.0.1 didn't affect my speed problem. Canvas 6 still takes over 10 times as long to make changes, such as adjusting brightness on a 600 dpi 8.0"x11.0" object as Canvas 5. Does anyone else have this problem?

I just tested a photo, 600 dpi, 10.5 x 7.5, changed contrast, brightness, hue, saturation and v6.01 is very fast, certainly faster than v5. I'm on a new Mac Mini with a 3.2GHz Intel Core i7 6 core processor, 32 GB DDR4 RAM and a very fast 8TB RAID 0 OWC Express PCIe SSD external drive on Thunderbolt 3.

After a couple of hours working with v6.01, it started to stall over and over again, long delays with the beachball. So Sherwood is correct.  Went back to v5. Seems each new version has more bugs rather than less. I just looked over the bug fix list for 6.01, holy moly, what a long list, and there are still more. How does that happen, 6.0 was that difficult to build? Too bad, makes me regretfully feel that the development team might not be up for the task. I had such high hopes with Albert and Nikki, but I'm getting worried again that Canvas Draw might be destined for a demise.

Login or Signup to post a comment