Start a new topic

502/51 update - pattern edit crash

If I go to Colour Fill/Presets/variated colour swatches/grey stripe (or any other!)/New/attempt to edit by substituting another colour to pattern mix/ Program crashes every time.

Unable to use.

Any work arounds or fix possible.

John

Sorry should have added using Sierra 10.12.6. Thanks

I think I followed your steps and I don't get a crash. I'm using High Sierra, but when I upgraded the OS, I started having problems with text, Nicki at Canvas GFX had me delete files in the Application Support > Canvas Draw folder and the Preferences plist, which fixed it to my great delight. Don't delete the Registry5 folder.

Me again. Thanks for responding and I will do the plist deletion it should do no harm. However, my problem is nothing to do with text just object fill edits to default pattern. I’ll let you know how I get on. Ill also test on previous version then also on PC 2019x under simulation on Mac. Good to see you still on this latest forum. I go back to 3.5 as well and still using now a prehistoric 2009 machine.

I just mentioned the text problem that I had to lead to the reset suggestion. I'm on a 2011 MacBook Pro 17" with a 2.2GHz i7 that does not support Mojave. As good as this machine has been for me since I added 16 GB of RAM and a 2 TB internal SSD, I recently made a wish list at B&H for the new Mac Mini and all the extra items I'll need, which comes to about $1800. Since retiring, I find I don't need a laptop anymore, which would be about $3400.

Login or Signup to post a comment