Start a new topic

Canvas Draw 5 copy/paste adds a leading carriage return.

I mentioned this in a previous thread, but have not had a reply. When CDv5 came out, I installed it and immediately discovered a problem; I copy some text, go and paste it, but there's an added carriage return in front of the text. This happens every time. I reverted back to CDv4 because of it.

I'm on a 17" MacBook Pro 2011 2.2 GHz i7 with 16 GB of RAM, 2 TB internal SSD divided into 2 partitions, running High Sierra 10.13.6.

I've tried copying text from various sources (MS Word, Firefox, etc.) & pasting into CDv5 (5.0.1 build 37), as well as from  CD and back in again, but no leading carriage returns. 

I'm on a 15" MacBook Pro 2016 2.9 GHz i7 with 16 GB of RAM, 2 TB internal SSD, running Mojave 10.14.2.

I  also tried copying text from Word, Mac Mail, and Preview and had no leading carriage return appear when pasting into CD 5.0.1 build 37.  Pasting in was as new text, into a text box, and into the middle of existing text.

I'm on a late 2014 27" Retina 5K iMac with 16 GB of RAM, 1 TB internal SSD, running Mojave 10.14.2.  

Sorry I didn't make it clear. Only when I copy text in Canvas does it add the carriage return when I paste. I do a lot of desktop publishing and text work in Canvas and the problem is a great interference, especially when I add web links.

I've copied text, URLs, & mixed text from one part of a Canvas doc to another. I copied & pasted from & into illustrations, publications & presentations, but I still can't replicate the problem.

I made a less thorough check than Sherwood, but found the same results when copying and pasting within  Canvas itself.

I did some more testing and it seems the only time it happens is if I copy the text that starts right after a carriage return and then paste it to the Link Manager. If I paste anywhere else in the Canvas document it doesn't happen. It does not happen with text that's not right after a carriage return.

That's a big problem for me because I have a web page document I make in Canvas that's a long list of song titles to which I add a link for an audio track I recorded. I copy the song title from the list then open the Link Manager and paste so that I don't have to retype the title every time I make a link, which is often. Does not happen in v4.

Thanks for getting me to re-test and discover the exact issue.

Anybody from support looking? Can you reproduce my problem?

Is anyone going to reply?

Login or Signup to post a comment