Start a new topic

Creating a Glass Sphere

I cannot duplicate what is shown in this old PDF.

I just went through the tutorial and found that there are a few critical steps missing. After I used the Divide function, I did this:

Getting the same results as you is very inconsistent .

Sometimes I get the smaller section as shown, and sometimes not. Deleting it does not give the result needed.

I finally worked out a different procedure as shown in the screen capture.

Hey David.  FreshDesk wanted someone to approve that comment, so it's fixed now.  :)

Yes, the Divide function is very inconsistent depending on the exact position of the two circles.

In reply to the the Fresh Desk requirement, just another reason why I find this new forum to be less then adequate. Not long ago I quit using a photography forum because they overloaded it with controls that got completely in the way of efficient use by the members.

1 person likes this

Yes, it is not good to have to wait so long to get a response to a problem.

I need some help with understanding the procedure for item 2 & 5.

Those tutorials are going to be a little more difficult with the old version of Canvas. The Sprite tools are on the Toolbar, they control transparency. Choose the circle one, the slide your mouse from the upper left of the circle to the lower right, then use the handles to control the effect.

imageimage

1 person likes this

BTW, when I do a reply on this forum, when it goes back to the thread, I have to do a refresh to see my reply.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

From the illustration, it looks like some shading was applied to circle one.

There's only one circle, the filled blue, the other circles are the tool controls. When you slide the Sprite tool across the circle, the outer blue circle and smaller box/circle shows up. Use the handles to control the size of the effect.

imageimage

Login or Signup to post a comment