Start a new topic

Link Manager Bugs

Simon, please let them know that the Link Manager needs to be improved. I just made some changes to a site I made for my ukulele group to play along with songs I recorded. I changed a list I made in Canvas and suddenly a column of links of about 75 song titles now all go to the same one song.

This is the web page that I update in Canvas fairly often with new songs and links. Now I'm going to have to fix the bad links, which is very tedious in Canvas. http://www.kohanmike.com/CCMusic.htm

What version of Canvas was that generated in?  (It looks like Canvas Draw 3 according to the source.)  Did you do anything in particular that caused the links to change?

I created the web page in a previous version of Canvas, not sure which, and have  been updating it in Canvas Draw 4. I recently upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra and I have these problems since. 

The text is flowed from column one to column two and each song title has a link I made in the Link Manager. I clicked in the text box, selected all, copied, then pasted in the Text.app. It seems that copy process made all the song tiles in column 2 take on the link of the last song in that column.

Also, when I make up the set list that's on the right by copy/pasting a song title with a link from one of the columns, the link does not go along, I have remake the link after I paste the title to the set list.

Also, when I copy text a the beginning of a paragraph, Canvas adds a carriage return to the beginning of the pasted text, very annoying, especially when I have to remake the song title links. It's even worse in v5.

I can't upgrade the OS to Mojave because my MacBook Pro is too old, so I'm going to have to buy a new Mac Mini when it becomes available and I can afford to spend the money.

Login or Signup to post a comment